Last Updated: 9.21.12
We at DMD Marketing Corp.(“us,” “our” “we,” or “Company”) consider the protection of your personal information to be a priority. The guidelines contained in this privacy statement apply to information collected, used and/or disclosed by us and describe how we may collect, use and disclose information that we receive.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time without notice (for example, if we modify our practices regarding the collection or use of information). We will revise our Last Updated date to reflect any revisions to this Statement.
What Information Do We Collect?
- We may receive your name, email address, physical address, and other professional information from licensed databases such as the American Medical Association Physician Professional Database (AMA PPD) and other similar databases.
- We may collect any information that you have voluntarily submitted to us or to a trusted third party (e.g., the medical publishers, professional websites or similar parties).
- We may capture certain information automatically on our websites, including your Internet protocol address, mobile device identification number, browser type, page access history, linking information, click stream data, page visits, page views, and/or web site log files.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To contact you with professional relevant information about products and services.
- To provide you with personalized offers, promotions, news, events, and other information relevant to your practice.
- To establish and maintain customer accounts.
- To quickly process your requests for information.
- To allow us to respond efficiently to your questions.
- To monitor Web site statistics.
- To monitor our customer service employees.
- To share your individual voluntary response information to email communications with the sponsor of the professionally relevant program with which you interact.
- To allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law, in the situations described more fully below.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Although we cannot guarantee the impenetrability of our servers, we have established and implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect online.
Do We Disclose the Information We Collect to Outside Parties?
We will license the use of our database to third parties so that they can contact you for professionally relevant reasons. Use of the database does not mean that we will give, sell, trade, or loan the actual information in the database (except under the circumstances identified below). Rather, we will send you professionally relevant information on behalf of the third party. This will not result in your information being made available to the third party unless you take additional actions (e.g., responding to the e-mail, visiting the third party’s website, etc.).
Finally, there are certain circumstances wherein your information may be given to or accessible by a third party. These circumstances include:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may transfer personally identifiable information to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
- Website Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance; third party payment processing agencies; and remedial and repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service the Company and our websites.
- Enforcement of Rights/Security. We reserve the right to release personal information (i) when we are under legal compulsion to do so (e.g. we have received a subpoena) or we otherwise believe that the law requires us to do so, (ii) when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of the Company, our users or others, or (iii) as we deem necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, prevent fraud and otherwise enforce the Privacy Statement and other website user agreements.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that the Company is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Company is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
- Aggregated Information. We may aggregate information that you provide with information provided by other individuals in such a manner that the information is not personally identifiable to you, and we may transfer that aggregated information to third parties.
- Sponsors. We may share your voluntary responses to communications with the sponsor of the professionally relevant program with which you interact.
How Do I Ask Questions and Provide Feedback Regarding Privacy?
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or comments you may have regarding the privacy of your information.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights:
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed personal information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
DMD Marketing Corp.
10255 W. Higgins Road, Suite 280
Rosemont, IL 60018
Telephone: (847) 813-1170
Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.