Digital Pharma West kicks off in San Francisco, and the agenda covers everything from social media to content marketing to new digital reporting technologies.
In our last blog, I weighed in on several “not-to-miss” sessions, including those of conference co-chair John Vieira of Daiichi Sankyo and Matias Coo of Avanir Pharmaceuticals, who has a special interest in the future of digital metrics.
Today we want to provide some background for my own presentation, which also focuses on using precision data to make strategic marketing decisions.
Physician-Level Data Improves Marketing Campaigns
Last summer, DMD introduced an audience identity management tool that reports the name, specialty, NPI number, and geographic location of every tagged HCP who visits your website, in real-time. Since then we’ve shared many ways you can use this data to improve your marketing results, for example:
- Use visitor insights to refine your website. Individualized data can tell you what percent of verified website visitors were physicians, NPs/PAs, and nurses, plus each visitor’s specialty. Our blog, Pharma Website Data Reveals Unexpected Audiences, Part 1, describes a real-world example.
- Connect the dots between your website and email database. Physician-level data lets you connect every verified website visitor to your company database for better targeting across campaigns. Recognize the 4 Signs Your Pharma Email Campaign Needs AIM.
- Follow up on a physician’s website visit through email. Individual physicians’ real-time browsing data helps you understand their current interests. You can respond quickly by sending supporting materials or a personal note via email. For more information, read Extend Physician Engagement with Website Data and Email.
- Target physicians with location-based content. Physician-level data tells you each tagged website visitor’s geographic location. You can then reach out to visitors with specific information about events in their area. Read: 4 Ways to Register More Physicians for Your Events.
- Help sales reps refine their physician interactions. As you gather physician-level insights from your website, you can program a simple app to share relevant information with your sales reps. Reps have less and less face-time with physicians, but physician-level data can Give Your Sales Rep an Edge on Every HCP Visit.
- Optimize digital ads. Physician-level data enables publishers to serve targeted ads to different segments in real-time. It also allows publishers to verify the identity of their site visitors, so you know the right audience is viewing your ads. If your online publishers don’t already offer this capability, it’s time to request it. For more, read Authenticating the Traffic to Online Medical Publishers.
It’s Not Too Late to See Results in Q3
Accessing the physician-level data hiding in your website is incredibly powerful—and surprisingly easy. Our audience identity management tool uses just two basic components to tag and recognize HCP visitors. Implementing it doesn’t require a lot of technical know-how on your end, and it can be completed within weeks.
To learn more about the implications of digital audience identification, please join me on Wednesday at 9:30 for my presentation, “Insights from a Year of Website Visitor Identification Data.”