This is the third blog in our “Digital Marketing to Physicians” series, which considers how health systems, medical device manufacturers, and healthcare recruiters can use digital marketing to engage specific physician audiences. The first blog looks at why email deliverability matters and the second focuses on three ways digital tools facilitate outreach to physicians. Today we’ll consider the value of individualized physician data.
Healthcare recruitment is competitive and time-sensitive, making the speed and flexibility inherent in digital tools a boon for recruiters. Email and website data allow you to identify and reach the best physician candidates, and ultimately, place more healthcare providers in jobs.
Follow these steps to build more successful digital healthcare recruiting campaigns:
1. Define your ideal recruit. Before you begin any type of digital outreach, first define your ideal recruit in as much detail as possible. Here are some questions to think about.
- What is the physician’s specialty and level of experience?
- What geographic region does she prefer?
- Would she rather practice in a large urban health system or a community hospital?
- Does she have any unique skills, such as specific cultural knowledge or language abilities?
A high-quality physician email database can help you identify physicians who match your description by providing data about each doctor’s training, case mix, alumni affiliation, hospital affiliations, current geographic location, and more.
The speed and flexibility inherent in digital tools are a boon for healthcare recruiters in today’s competitive market.
2. Reach all qualified candidates. To maximize your reach, choose a verified physician email database that includes only opted-in physicians. It should provide each doctor’s preferred email address, guarantee deliverability, and be updated daily. With the right database, it’s possible to reach 90 percent of physicians who use email.
3. Optimize your email messages. Prioritize the criteria that describe your ideal recruit and segment your audiences accordingly. Then develop relevant content for each audience, including a compelling subject line and call to action. Use responsive design to ensure that physicians can read your messages on their preferred mobile device. Finally, analyze email open and click-through data to evaluate and improve your campaigns over time.
4. Know who views jobs on your website, even if they don’t apply. Audience identity management technology reports the name, specialty, NPI number, and practice location off all opted-in HCPs who visit participating websites. Use this information to identify and follow up with physicians who visit your website to view jobs, but don’t reach out directly.
5. Get more from your recruiting website. Does your physician recruitment website earn its keep? Audience identity data answers this question by reporting which pages physicians view most often. Know whether you should continue to invest in your blog, compensation surveys, or other online recruitment content.
6. Integrate your recruiting efforts. Reaching out through multiple channels is the best way to engage busy doctors. Email acts as the connective tissue between print, social, website, and event marketing. Then audience identity data reports what doctors do after clicking through. To learn more, read How Multichannel Marketing Turns Physician Recruits into New Hires and To Recruit More Physicians, First Identify Your Website Visitors.
Individualized physician email and website data make it easier for recruiters to identify, engage, and hire the right physician for the job, even in today’s competitive healthcare recruiting market.