Scottsdale, AZ is known for its great fall weather, with temperatures averaging around 75 degrees in November. There’s also lots to see and do in the area. That’s why if you’re headed to the 22nd Annual Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC), you’ll want to set aside a little time in your busy schedule to explore some of the highlights.
Whether you want to experience the art galleries, indulge in specialty food drinks, or visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s former residence, there’s sure to be something that appeals to your senses.
If you’re attending the 22nd Annual Healthcare Internet Conference, be sure to make time to explore the many attractions in Scottsdale, Arizona
6 Options to Put on Your To-Do List
Here are six attractions to explore while you’re in Scottsdale:
- Downtown/Artwalk: Scottsdale’s downtown area is packed with boutiques and galleries offering one-of-a-kind pieces, making it worth the trip. If you plan to extend your stay after the conference ends, be sure to attend the neighborhood weekly Artwalk event when galleries open their doors to the public, held Thursdays from 7 to 9 p.m. This is a great opportunity to explore the local talent and take home something unique. You can also catch a horse-drawn carriage ride or trolley to take you on a scenic ride of the picturesque streets.
- Golfer’s Paradise: Fore! If back nines and nine irons are your thing, there’s plenty of beautiful golf courses in the greater Scottsdale area. From Camelback Golf Club to Gainey Ranch Golf Club at the Hyatt Regency, you’ll enjoy spectacular scenery, rolling fairways, and those perfect 70-degree temperatures. Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate, or experienced golfer, there’s a perfect course for you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West: If you’re interested in architecture and history, you won’t want to pass up the opportunity to take a tour of this historic landmark. Taliesin West served as the winter home of Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959), an American architect who was known for creating innovative designs that were in harmony with nature. This building offers a unique glimpse into his personal design choices and style. The tours book up fast, so be sure to reserve your spot in advance.
- Western Spirit Museum: Step into the spirit of the old wild west when you visit this renowned museum, which is filled with western history and rare artifacts. Relive the pioneer days through collections of artwork, sculptures, pottery, and cultural items. The museum closes at 5 p.m. most evenings (except Thursday), so you’ll need to plan this into your day schedule.
- Arizona Party Bike/BYOB Pedal Tours: If you can’t decide whether to sightsee or decompress after the day’s events with a few drinks, consider grabbing a few colleagues and combining the best of both options in one interactive tour. The Arizona Party Bike/BYOB Pedal Bar is a bike-powered bar. Bring your own alcohol (just no glass allowed) and enjoy your drinks while you pedal. Want to know the best part? A tour guide safely steers this unusual vehicle so you can relax and enjoy the two-hour scenic ride through the Old Town. There are also three stops at local bars.
- La Hacienda at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: No trip to Arizona is complete without enjoying authentic Mexican food in a warm, homey environment. This upscale restaurant combines old-world Mexican recipes with a timeless European approach to create the perfect blend. Patio dining, complete with Spanish architecture and fire pits, creates the perfect ambiance. Diners will also enjoy the restaurant’s impressive tequila bar, which features close to 250 tequila varieties, as well as signature flaming coffees that are served tableside for a dramatic effect you won’t soon forget.
From art galleries to specialty foods and drinks to Frank Lloyd Wright’s former residence, there’s sure to be something that appeals to your senses
Visit the DMD Booth
In between conference sessions, I hope you’ll stop by DMD’s booth to discuss how we can help you hit the ground running with your 2019 email marketing plan.