Brand Managers: As you allocate resources for 2018, you may find yourself wondering how well audience identity management technology actually supports pharma marketing objectives.
The short answer is very well. Being able to identify individual website visitors enables pharma marketers to verify their digital audiences and focus resources on producing (and placing) content that converts high-value targets.
Here’s how it works.
Know Which HCPs Visit Your Site
Digital audience identity technology reports the name, NPI number, specialty, and practice location of every “tagged” physician who visits your site. After 20 years of relying on aggregated website data, pharma marketers can finally know what content individual HCPs view, how much time they spend on each page, and how frequently they return to your brand website.
Focus Digital Marketing On Verified, High-Value Visitors
Marketers can use that physician-level data to improve interactions with existing and potential prescribers in a number of ways:
- Customized Website Content. Marketers can determine what content visitors in your target segment value most and create more of it.
- Highly Targeted Email Lists. Identifying the HCPs who visit your website after receiving an email allows you to narrow your target list to these interested doctors before your next deployment.
- Optimized Ad Placement. Purchasing ad space from digital publications that can verify their audiences lets you know the identity of the HCPs who see your ads.
- Integrated Multichannel Campaigns. Connecting the dots between an individual HCP’s engagement with your email, website, advertising, and events helps personalize future interactions.
Contain Marketing Costs
Focusing digital marketing efforts on high-value targets helps lower many marketing costs.
Focusing digital marketing efforts on high-value targets means you spend less on HCPs who are unlikely to prescribe, which helps lower many marketing costs:
- Reduced Website Expense. Instead of creating all the content HCPs might want, your marketing team can put its resources toward developing proven content. Analysis of HCP browsing behavior may also uncover ways to repurpose existing content and further reduce expenses.
- Lower Deployment Costs. Sending email to only those HCPs who have demonstrated interest by visiting your website lowers deployment costs. It’s also likely to increase open and click-through rates.
- Reduced Ad Spend. Buying ad space from publications that can verify their audience means your ads will be seen by the right specialists. Marketers can cast a smaller net and still get the same number of page views.
- Greater Efficiencies. Serving customized event invitations on your website, using email to follow-up with identified website visitors, and other multichannel efforts deepen your relationship with potential prescribers, without the expense of a sales rep visit.
Remember: Website Identity Technology Isn’t All The Same
As you evaluate available identity solutions, keep these three things in mind:
- “Tags” are better than cookies. Most doctors prefer Apple devices, but Apple blocks third-party cookies. Plus, cookies can’t report behavior across mobile devices.
- Individual data is better than aggregated. Tools like Google Analytics provide aggregated data about what website content is viewed most. But what you really need is the names of HCP website visitors and data about their individual browsing behavior.
Make sure that your 2018 budget has the proper allocation for Identity Management. When done right, digital audience identification provides valuable insight into your website audiences, so pharma marketers can achieve their 2018 goals more efficiently.