In the current healthcare economy, maximizing value is the surest way to maximize commercial performance. It’s also the best way to improve patient outcomes. Eyeforpharma 2018 will explore how pharma companies are working to achieve both goals.
New data sourcing and analysis techniques play a critical role in this process. Though the first tools that come to mind might be patient-facing, physician data sources, like audience identity management technology, are equally important.
That’s because audience identity data helps pharma marketers deliver the information physicians need right now – to make decisions that will affect their patients today.
Determine What Knowledge Physicians Need Now
It stands to reason that a doctor who is educated on your product when she enters the examining room is more likely to prescribe it. For pharma marketers and sales reps, the challenge is ensuring that every potential prescriber has the necessary medical information about your brand.
Audience identity data lets you identify interested doctors, not only in your target specialties, but in unexpected secondary markets. It also helps you determine the types of educational content each doctor is most interested in and how her interests evolve over time.
Audience identity data helps pharma marketers deliver the information physicians need now.
This is possible because audience identity data reports the name, NPI number, practice location, and browsing behavior of tagged, double opted-in HCP visitors to participating medical websites.
In Medicine, Speed Matters
When you can identify the content individual physicians view on your pharma brand website, or the categories of medical website and content they view across our digital medical ecosystem, you can provide valuable supplemental information in near real-time.
For example, if you learn that Dr. Cho was looking for a specific life-saving treatment this morning, you can follow up through email or a sales rep the same day. Finding Dr. Cho quickly allows the patient to receive treatment sooner. And finding him before someone else does lets you become the first brand to begin building a relationship with him.
Supercharge Your Suggestion Engine
Once you’ve installed the audience identity management platform on your website, it acts as fuel for your CRM or suggestion engine in a variety of ways. For instance, your sales reps might use it to:
- Engage Priority HCPs. Knowing which physicians visit your website, how long each stays, and how often each returns lets you identify those who are strategically important relative to specific segment or brand initiatives.
- Refine In-Call Messaging. A website visit from a physician in a particular segment might trigger a set of strategic key messages or a specific sequence of content.
- Focus Email Messaging. Knowing which content a physician reads on your websites helps sales reps follow up with timely, relevant, and approved email content.
- Send Samples ASAP. When a physician demonstrates significant interest in your brand, you can deliver samples or vouchers right away, even before they are requested.
- Time Activity Appropriately. Data indicating how recently an individual physician visited can be used to pace sales rep interactions and other channel activity.
These are just a few of the many ways in which audience identity data enables pharma marketers and sales reps to deliver meaningful medical information to physicians faster, and thereby advance patient care.
If you’d like to learn more about the audience identity management technology that reports this data, please stop by Booth 19 at eyeforpharma, or attend my presentation on Wednesday, April 11 at 11:15 a.m.