Email is a convenient way to communicate: you can include as much detail as you need to, and people can read and respond to it on their own time. For these reasons and more, many healthcare marketers use email as a cornerstone of their strategy for communicating with their target audiences—including physicians, nurses, social workers, specialists, and more.
Putting Emails to Work
Newer, and shinier, communication technologies and platforms continually hit the marketplace. Paired with increased pressure to better serve patients, some organizations and marketers may be downplaying the need for email. Yet despite these amplifications, email is still the preferred communication channel for physicians, and one that remains cost-effective for healthcare marketers. It’s also easy to measure and can also be readily adapted as needed to ensure best results.
Yet not all email marketing initiatives to physicians and other healthcare professionals are created equal. That’s why it’s important to take the time to learn about how to get the most out of your email campaigns so they will pay off as you intend.
Email is still the preferred communication channel for physicians, and one that remains cost-effective for healthcare marketers
Here are five reasons email is the best and most effective way to reach your target audience and deliver your valuable messages.
- Segment Your Audience: The most effective email strategy doesn’t take a one-size fits-all approach, but rather, segments your physician mailing list to tailor the content for each group and their specific interests. When you work with a high-quality physician database, you will glean key insights such as geographic data, prescribing data, hospital affiliations, and more. This will enable you to tailor your marketing pitches to gain more traction and build authentic physician relationships.
- Track Engagement: Creating effective emails is at the core of your marketing strategy. But the most effective marketers recognize the value of being able to track and measure their results. How many emails were opened? How long did people read the message? How many clicked on the links? Such information about physician engagement can be used to strengthen future deployments.
- Get to Know Your Physicians: Information such as who opened your email, when they opened it (day of the week and time of day), the type of device used, email address, and platform can go a long way toward helping you understand your audience and their habits. A good email database provider can track such insights. This allows you to provide the best information to appeal to your recipients’ needs and to position yourself as a valuable resource.
- Test Different Approaches: Email allows you to try different messages and subject lines to see who opens, how long they spend reading it, and how often they click on your links/visit your website. This knowledge can help you plan your future campaigns to be most effective.
- Make Essential Connections: Email can serve as a channel to promote your healthcare organization by:
- Communicating with your employees
- Promoting your services to healthcare providers who are likely to refer patients to your facilities
- Forming relationships and engaging potential candidates who might be interested in your job openings
Key to Success: A High-Quality Physician Email Database
Email is the best and most effective way to reach your target audience and deliver your valuable messages
Beyond all of the benefits, the best email campaigns have one thing in common: They rely on a high-quality physician database provider.
The best email lists are:
- First-party sourced
- 100% opted in
- Updated daily
When you have the right email database provider behind you and a wealth of reliable information to guide you, email will continue to be the right channel to communicate with your healthcare professionals.